Client Case: El Paso/Las Cruces/Juarez
INNOVATION CULTURE PILOT REGION #2 - US DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, ECONOMIC AND DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Project conducted for T2 Institute (501c3) under a grant from the US Dept. of Commerce, EDA, in the El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM. The region, practically speaking, includes Juarez, Mexico.
- Match funds were provided by the City of El Paso, and contributions raised by The Hub of Human Innovation (El Paso) and Technology Hub (Juarez)
- Second test of the Rainforest Scorecard & Master Plan (RaMP) in a highly complex multi-national bi-lingual setting within an economically distressed region.
- Refine the Rainforest Scorecard & Masterplan methodology and deployment practice.
Participants & Process
- Over 120 participants represented private commercial, government, university, and NGO organizations from 3 cities and 2 countries.
- Truncated RaMP deployment included four phases, two events on-site, and multiple online events over a 4-month project plan.
- Onsite: Henry Doss, Alistair Brett, Joe Sterling, and project leader Patsy Kahoe
- Cathy Swain was our primary point of contact, our "client" on the ground in the border region, and has since joined RFS as an Associate.
- Rainforest Principles Immersion: educational programming in innovation culture and social contracting of increasing trust.
- Rainforest Scorecard and Radar assessments of the region’s innovation culture; followed by analysis of strategic issues.
- Innovation initiatives and action plans; communication plans; and tools/templates.
- Participating organizations created a branded collaboration and multiple websites that tie together incubators on both sides of the US/MX border. At least two new companies are already emerging from this pilot and are taking advantage of unprecedented inter-agency and community collaboration.
- See www.facebook.com/321whatif and InnovationFrontera.com.
Check out this video from the Innovation Frontera Immersion Event! Don't forget to visit their Facebook page for more info! #innovation #startups #entrepreneursPosted by The Hub of Human Innovation on Friday, June 19, 2015
If you find this Client Case inspiring, please contact an RFS Partner about how to get the same kinds of products and outcomes for your organization.