Client Case: El Paso/Las Cruces/Juarez
INNOVATION CULTURE PILOT REGION #2 - US DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE, ECONOMIC AND DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATION
- Project conducted for T2 Institute (501c3) under a grant from the US Dept. of Commerce, EDA, in the El Paso, TX and Las Cruces, NM. The region, practically speaking, includes Juarez, Mexico.
- Match funds were provided by the City of El Paso, and contributions raised by The Hub of Human Innovation (El Paso) and Technology Hub (Juarez)
- Second test of the Rainforest Scorecard & Master Plan (RaMP) in a highly complex multi-national bi-lingual setting within an economically distressed region.
- Refine the Rainforest Scorecard & Masterplan methodology and deployment practice.
Participants & Process
- Over 120 participants represented private commercial, government, university, and NGO organizations from 3 cities and 2 countries.
- Truncated RaMP deployment included four phases, two events on-site, and multiple online events over a 4-month project plan.
2015 RaMP Pilot El Paso
- Onsite: Henry Doss, Alistair Brett, Joe Sterling, and project leader Patsy Kahoe
- Cathy Swain was our primary point of contact, our "client" on the ground in the border region.
- Rainforest Principles Immersion: educational programming in innovation culture and social contracting of increasing trust.
- Rainforest Scorecard and Radar assessments of the region’s innovation culture; followed by analysis of strategic issues.
- Innovation initiatives and action plans; communication plans; and tools/templates.
- Participating organizations created a branded collaboration and multiple websites that tie together incubators on both sides of the US/MX border. At least two new companies are already emerging from this pilot and are taking advantage of unprecedented inter-agency and community collaboration.
- See www.facebook.com/321whatif and InnovationFrontera.com.
If you find this Client Case inspiring, please contact an RFS Partner about how to get the same kinds of products and outcomes for your organization.