We deliver speeches on how to foster innovation in organizations, and communities.
Rainforest authors and partners address large conferences, and also give private talks for small groups.
We custom-tailor speeches to fit your needs and your audience; we motivate and entertain audiences with stories of our field work across various industries, domains and locations. Our speeches educate with eye-opening insights on innovation, human nature, and ecosystems.
- 30-60 minute presentation with slide show followed by a Q&A
- 1-3-hour workshop on a Rainforest topic customized for your audience. We inspire audiences to work with our concepts and tools in real-time. Your audience leaves with a vision, a high impact experience, and actionable insights they can put to use immediately.
- We offer a technique called graphic facilitation, to enhance our presentations and workshops with engaging and colorful visual syntheses. Presentations, audience interaction and workshop outputs are all captured.
- Presentations and graphic facilitation can be delivered remotely by WebEx.
- Our presentations bring to life the Rainforest principles and constructs so audiences grasp what innovation ecosystems are, how they thrive, and what makes innovation happen naturally. We commonly speak to:
- Rainforest vs. Production Farm - distinguishes innovation ecosystems from command/control environments
- Culture, Strategy and Leadership for Innovation - how strategic elements align with Rainforest principles for breakthrough results
- Rainforest Scorecard - empirical tools for measuring innovation attributes in organizations and communities
- Rainforest Master Plan (RaMP) - how to systematically grow a culture where innovation flourishes
- Local Capacity, Velocity, and Sustainability - necessary design criteria for long-term innovation success
Out of the box Presentations:
- Welcome to the Rainforest - What makes Silicon Valley tick?
- Rainforest Leadership - When institutional innovation wins over the status quo.
- Municipality as Rainforest - How cities can drive community engagement & innovation.
- Free Agent Ecosystem - How Rainforest entrepreneurs collaborate for success.
- From University to Prosperity - How technology commercialization happens in the Rainforest.
- Global Innovation Summit, San Jose, CA:
Our partners were instrumental in the design, production. and facilitation of the three-day long Global Innovation Summit three times in the last four years at a venue in Silicon Valley. In 2015 we presented Rainforest principles and facilitated over 300 participants from around the world in table top exercises to assess their collective innovation capabilities, identify strategic issues, and develop potential world changing initiatives.
Dignity Health - Performance Excellence Conference 2015 - Rainforest presentation (45 min.), followed by facilitation of >150 managers and leaders from this major healthcare system to assess innovation attributes contributing to successful nursing across the system. This was followed by a half-day workshop to identify strategic improvement opportunities based on the assessment, and develop innovation initiatives. See our case page here.
Inter-American Development Bank - Following the Rainforest presentation (60 min), the 90 participants in this department retreat, assessed their strengths and improvement opportunities for improving customer service to internal stakeholders; then used our tools to build 8 scenarios that explored highly innovative improvements. They ultimately left a consolidated vision that leadership could act upon to improve the institution's culture. See our case page here.
- Regional Economic Development:
Maine Technology Institute Tech Walk 2014 - Provided a keynote address and two-hour workshop on applying Rainforest concepts to improving Maine’s innovation ecosystem for better social, environmental, and economic outcomes. See our case page here.