Client Case: BitTorrent
Disruptive internet technology firm balances innovation and production during rapid growth
BitTorrent’s software is used to transmit ~30% of all Internet traffic with secure peer-to-peer technologies.
The purpose of this engagement was to align leadership differences causing problems of resource allocation, goal setting, etc.
Shift from start-up/founders management style to best in class strategic management disciplines so that innovation and production priorities could be balanced.
Participants & Process
- Top 15 in company for off-site retreats
- Two multi-day programs over a 6 month period
- Directional Statements: Mission, Values, Vision quantifiable BHAG (big hairy audacious goal)
- Strategic Themes and Core Objectives
- Company is on growth track with alignment and operating clarity
- Scaling services and organization with headquarters in San Francisco.
- New product/service offers have continued to roll-out while company has retained "freemium" early user base.
If you find this Client Case inspiring, please contact an RFS Partner about how to get the same kinds of products and outcomes for your organization.